5 key things you now need to know about the future of Hammersmith Bridge
The closure of Hammersmith Bridge rambles on, with residents in Barnes effectively cut off from the north of the capital. Last night Richmond Council hosted a community conversation session with residents to update them on the latest on the bridge.
Read the full article on the MyLondon website
A handy summary for those who weren't able to listen to the whole meeting.
- The ferry service is unlikely to be up and running until mid-summer
- Walking and cycling will be given priority (hooray!)
- The council will try to help Barnes businesses
- The double-decker bridge plan is 'a potential goer' (see this update)
- Richmond will ask TfL about moving Barnes rail station to Zone 2 - a good idea.
Posted on 18th March 2021
Return to the previous page